Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kudos to Rocawear

Hey all,

I love jeans, but finding ones that fit well is difficult for me. I wear 52" waist and 34" inseam so selection is an issue. I have to shop online. Usually there aren't enough  measurements available to determine how jeans will fit, and so buying online is something of a crapshoot. The jeans will fit, but whether or not they'll be comfortable to sit down on and will comfortably stay in place when walking around.

I make note of the brands of whatever I buy, and one seldom stands out as to how well they fit a guy  with a belly and thick thighs. That having been said, I've been pleasantly surprised with two pairs of jeans I purchased recently from Rocawear. I'll try to post the links eventually, but for now let me say that these jeans are sweet. The rise is pretty good, the dimensions are very roomy through the thigh, and I can sit with my legs fully spread out in exceptional comfort.

Moreover, the quality of construction feels very solid, at once both strong and soft. For what it's worth, the jeans also look very nice. They are nice and dark but with a certain gray sheen. I like the decorative stitch in these jeans but mostly because it's very understated. I actually don't like jeans that are too decorated with images but the branding here is subtle and reasonably classy.

I actually had a couple of pairs of Rocawear denim shorts that fit preternaturally well. They were a bit baggy at the knees though. The jeans have most of the fit without the issue of flapping that shorts have.

One concern I have with Roca is the selection of the big and tall available. They seem to have the fit down so well that I wish they could have more styles available in big sizes. Also, one of the pairs I got was available only in a single size inseam that fit for me, but other pairs had ones that were too long. I don't really like cuffing jeans too much, and I think it'd be better if those jeans were available in more inseams to accommodate more people. As companies go, however, Rocawear is a very impressive offering for those in need of consistently high-quality, roomy, well fitting jeans for big people.

Kudos to Rocawear for their efforts. I think they are showing the way for the industry in general and I wish them much success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated. However, only comments that are written in a spirit of kindness and sincere inquiry will be published. Please make sure to be polite in your comment.